San Francisco Bay Area
VanGoux (pronounced `Van Gogh`) is on a mission to give the power of coding in the hands of UI/UX designers, and to automate menial tasks for frontend developers. If you are looking to be a part of a paradigm shift and willing to work your tail off to make a difference in the world of design, you're in the right place!
We are a value driven company, and strive to provide the best possible environment for engineering and UX design. The less time developers spend dealing with cumbersome processes, inefficient systems, and rework, the more time they have to solve problems and make an impact. We believe in staying at the forefront of best practices so that we can focus on work that matters. Strong engineering is a key part of our business strategy -- it lets us build best-in-class design tools faster than our larger competitors.
We are seeking an ambitious frontend architect who shares our passion for product design. This is a unique opportunity to have a major impact on the UI/UX design and development world. You will be expected to work directly with our CTO and the CEO to solve complex technical problems and deliver higher quality code. We firmly believe in the power of solid architecture, code design, and simplicity over brute force.
- Write and maintain React code on our core web application, including UI components and state management logic.
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality.
- Plan testing for complex projects.
- Provide time estimates and participate in agile development.
- 5+ years professional web application development experience
- Practical experience with unidirectional data flow, and minimal class/object interfaces
- Spatial/geometric reasoning ability -- for rendering, animation, and image manipulation
- Ability to quickly understand and work with unfamiliar complex code
- Proactive and clear communication is essential