Prosper is an online marketplace that gives borrowers access to individual and institutional investors.
What We Need?
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help evolve Prosper’s product engineering and operations teams. You will work with feature teams to ensure the reliability, performance, monitoring, and scalability of new and existing micro-services as we continuously deconstruct our monolith. We are looking for individuals with broad experience in creating and administering systems in an automated fashion, and who expect excellence from themselves and their team.
- Ensure Prosper site reliability and availability.
- Work closely with product engineering team to stay abreast of upcoming feature system requirements and refinements.
- Write robust and easy to maintain build, deployment, and monitoring pipelines.
- Write effective incident reporting and postmortem.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ansible/Puppet/Chef provisioning and configuration management tool.
- Datadog/Splunk/New Relic monitoring and alerting system.
- Continuous delivery pipeline with Jenkins Blue Ocean or similar.
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby.
- Artifactory or similar tool hands on experience
- Nginx and F5 BigIP administration.
- Application performance tuning.
What’s in It for You?
In addition to working for a world class FinTech company and having a lot of fun doing it, Prosper provides its employees an excellent compensation and benefits plan. The plan includes incentive bonuses, stock options, company paid health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401k with employer match and even fitness reimbursement and commuting reimbursement benefits.