We are looking for a passionate Full Stack Engineer to join our experienced engineering team to build great products together! Our ideal candidate is someone who is always thinking of the customer, focused on delivering solutions to solve their problems, and wanting become an important team member in an early stage startup!
What we do
At Hello Chava, we build industry-leading messaging automation & augmentation technology for businesses and their relationship managers. We’ve the world's 1st intelligent SMS-productivity solution that also helps businesses remain TCPA compliant.
We were founded by an experience team of serial entrepreneurs with previous exits.
As a full stack engineer you will be a key member of our small and growing team to design and build the features and systems that power Hello Chava.
Somebody with enthusiasm, ambition, and hunger to learn will make real progress here.
Our app is WebView-based, with the:
- Frontend built with React and mobx
- Backend built with Node.js, mongodb, AWS Lambda
- Native app built with Swift & Java for iOS & Android respectively
The ideal candidate
- Is excited about joining an early stage startup and the journey that goes with it
- Is a strong team player
- Is a generalist and can pick up a new technology stack quickly
- Has a very strong sense of craftsmanship for user experience, engineering design and code quality
- Ruthlessly acts to remove inefficiency in workflows
A majority of your time is spent building features/systems
- You will work closely with the team to convert product ideas into complete implementable features
- Own the engineering design and implementation of those features along with supporting services, tools and tests
- Implement those designs with high quality code that is maintainable, readable, scalable, performant, adheres to coding standards and document it appropriately
We’re looking for a generalist engineer who can build things well, can pick up a tech stack quickly, and work with our team based in San Francisco and Russia.
- Must be willing to have working hours that overlaps with Pacific Time Zone for few hours each day
- Ready to attend daily video calls each day
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive at communication
- Experience with React, TypeScript, Node.js, MongoDB
- Have been a member of multiple projects as a full stack engineer
- Strong understanding of OOP, MVC, REST
- Experience with CI/CD
- Competent with Linux and command line automation
- Can systematically design and implement unit, integration and automated tests
- Proficient at debugging
Bonus points if you have:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in our tech stack
- Experience building chat apps
- Experience with Swift/Java
- Experience with Heroku or any popular IaaS provider (i.e. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud) and have done any DevOps for it