Trim is a venture-backed fintech startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to make Americans financially healthy at scale. In the past four years, we've saved our users more than $30M.
We are a highly collaborative team and bring our best selves to work every day because we enjoy working with each other. We prioritize team culture as much as we do our customers.
We are growing and looking for Senior Software Engineers who will work collaboratively with our team of 4 Engineers and design, build, deploy, and maintain software across the stack from frontend to backend to infrastructure.
Your work will directly improve the financial health of our ½ million + users. You will leverage a strong drive and desire to get things done in a fast-paced environment while supporting and elevating your peers across the engineering team.
This position will report into our Head of Engineering. We will consider remote work for the right candidate.
What will you do?
- Focus on building excellent client-side experiences for our customers while still being able to contribute meaningfully across the stack.
- Develop, articulate, and prioritize software requirements by working closely with the product, design, growth, and marketing teams.
- Use data-driven development and decision making to improve the performance, robustness, and scalability of our systems.
- Invest in tools and automation to scale your impact and improve productivity across the whole team.
- Teach, mentor and learn from your teammates. Lead and participate in interesting internal tech talks.
- Support a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs. Navigate between shipping quickly and long-term maintainability.
Technologies we use:
- Client: ES6, React, Redux
- Server: Ruby on Rails, Python
- Infrastructure: PostgreSQL, AWS (RDS, ECS, EC2, S3, Lambda, and others), Redshift, Convox, Docker, Heroku
Ideal candidates will have:
- A desire to use their talents to make the world a better place.
- A deep understanding of the fundamentals of the web.
- Prior experience at a high-growth, early-stage company.
- A keen eye for product and user experience.
- Ability to think critically and independently.
- Demonstrable interest in learning and adopting new tools and techniques.
- Experience and understanding in some of the following areas:
- Complex single-page applications
- Client-side component libraries
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Front End data architecture
- REST APIs
- Web performance
Some projects you might work on in your first few months:
- Lead the full-stack development of a new product that identifies key insights into a consumer’s financial habits and guides them with actionable steps to achieve financial independence.
- Expand and deploy Trim’s component library across our products, with an eye towards mobile development.
- Create a data model to measure and identify user income from transaction data.
- Reduce the size of the React application bundle by enabling code splitting by route.
- Lead efforts to unlock customers for Trim through performance and accessibility improvements.
Why work at Trim?
- Work with our high-performing, upbeat, and highly-collaborative team.
- Move quickly and gain significant ownership over your results.
- Commute easily to our office at 544 Market Street (right off Montgomery BART).
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Catered lunches, delicious snacks, and a variety of succulents.
- Unlimited PTO!
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.