Tia is the next-gen women’s health platform fusing empathy & innovation to help women thrive.
Tia is the next generation women’s healthcare platform bringing empathy and innovation together to help women thrive. Our interdisciplinary team of doctors, designers & data enthusiasts have seen first-hand how women's needs have been radically underserved and underestimated, and are on a mission to build a new distinctly female care model from the ground up, online and offline.
Tia’s ecosystem of products, tools and services — from the Tia app to the Tia Clinic, a real-world gynecology, primary care, & wellness practice based in NYC — is connected by a unique, human-centered approach to care that focuses on listening and learning all about women and their holistic needs, from anatomy to emotions, from gut health to getting it on. Tia encourages honest and transparent conversations about patients’ health, both with their care team and their community of members, to help women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence and ease.
We are looking for a highly driven, product-oriented developer eager to join an early stage team.
Your foremost responsibility will be to develop the backend systems that power Tia, encompassing the AskTia iOS app, TiaMD enterprise iPad app for doctors, and our patient portal web app.
Most immediately, your responsibilities will be to support our existing microservice infrastructure with a specific focus on building robust API’s & enabling data collection through our universal health record. In the less immediate future, your role will entail architecture design to scale our backend systems, supporting our expanding number of clinics and growing user base.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering and is based in San Francisco.
- Manage interchange and storage of data between backend systems and frontend clients.
- Consistently deliver backend solutions in order to meet business goals that are of excellent code quality and meet the requirement needs.
- Develop world-class healthcare engineering solutions to power Tia into the future. Build compliant and secure solutions. Create robust engineering solutions built to scale.
- Consistently strive for improvement to keep Tia running at full sprint. Practice the philosophy “Leave it better than you found it” and actively improves the codebase. Optimize critical path workflows for the performance of the system.
- Operate with a client service mind set towards its end users, both patients and providers.
- Shape the engineering culture at Tia.
- Achieve excellence, with regard to impact over effort. You understand how to provide the most impact given the limited resource of your own time and the infinite possibilities of building.
- Ownership mentality. You have an ownership mentality to ensure you see your work through to completion, even when work is not always straightforward.
- Practice a meritocracy of ideas. You have the objectivity to understand when your ideas/implementations aren’t the best options, and the humility to ask others for help.
- Incessant curiosity, ventures into unknowns in search of growth and understanding
- Sees the forest for the trees
- Empathy with the user
- Collaboration with non-technical team
- Creative problem solving and strong analytical abilities
- Gracefully navigates ambiguity & operates well in situations where information or requirements change constantly
- Resourcefulness / learning on the fly
- Self starter, is able to create direction rather than needs direction
- Able to create a tactical, and reasonable execution plan given a goal
- 6+ years of full-time professional experience as a software engineer
- Good understanding of code versioning tools (Git/SVN), Unit and Integration Testing (Junit/Sinon/Assert/SuperTest), and Microservice Architecture (12 Factor App)
- Understanding of Agile Scrum Methodologies
Why you will love working for Tia:
- We’re a small, yet growing, team that moves fast and ships new products continuously
- Working at Tia means that you have an immediate impact on the product and thus real doctors and patients
- You have a huge opportunity to shape Tia, from systems architecture to how we celebrate team wins -- while our culture is defined it’s not definitive, and we’re looking for smart, hardworking and passionate people to be culture adds at Tia
- You have the opportunity to work with a team of best-in-class engineers who know how to run across their stack and architect beautiful solutions -- all while operating in a lean, start-up environment
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job
- Collaborative thinking is our mojo and you will have the opportunity to work across all functions of the business
- We’re a tight-knit team that focuses on celebrating each other’s wins, and improving one another through the losses